Thursday, March 26, 2009

BULLSHITTING: ON Youtube blocked in CHINA

Chinese government known as the "enemy of the Internet" has barred access to the most popular video sharing site, YOUTUBE!

Whew.. This recent news is really disheartening. I indomitably abhor this action of blocking website which has a primary purpose of showing realities to the international community. What is the reason behind this censorship anyway?

Chinese government has already been censoring websites they deem politically invidious and obnoxious. Also, this is not the first time for youtube to be blocked in China. Last year it was also blocked because of the Lhasa, Tibet predicament. Violence was shown in a video where the police brutally hurt protesters in a riot. This time, the Chinese government's claim was that a video has been uploaded showing a police beating a Tibetan-protester to death which is said to be a fabricated video. Are they in the authority to say it is fabricated? whew! Where did all the fake come from anyways? If the video is bogus then youtube must be responsible for censoring uploaded videos. Videos showing violence, cruelty and hatred has no place in a video sharing site.
I have become an active youtube user when I found new friends from this video sharing site. Thus, without youtube my day is incomplete. I missed my friends' new videos. I don't get to watch them now. This is the 3rd day of youtube censorship. I miss youtube. I miss NOYTUBErS!


I hope this blocking would be lifted soon.
:)

No comments: