Thursday, March 26, 2009

On AMERICAN IDOL 2009

If you are an AI fan please stand up! (YES!!! I AM!!! --Standing up)Every year I am looking forward to watching this reality singing competition for two-fold reasons: (1) I get to listen to old songs turned into audiblicious (audible+delicious) contemporary and (2) appreciate the wannabe-capable-star-quality performers... (oooops, not to forget the characters!?! and show shockers!?!)

Every year I am also looking at performances and trying to figure out my top 3 ladies and 3 guys... This season 8, I had decided the following:

top 3 ladies:
1. MEGAN JOY CORKREY... from auditions alone she was really very stunning and unique.
2. Arianna Afsar ... she has one great vocal (too bad was out during the top 36)
3. Tatiana del Toro ... she can really sing (was once a wild card yet did not make it to top 12)

top 3 guys:
1. ADAM LAMBERT ... He is my projected AI WINNER season 8!
2. DANNY GOKEY ... He is very adorable.. has the voice... good he had a story to tell that led him to top 12 (Rest in peace Sonia(?), his wife)
3. MATT GIRAUD ... I love soulful singers... That is why i like him!

Whooops... 4 of them are still up and running. The show is really unpredictable. The performances are getting better week by week. Let me do some clairvoyance...
1. My TOP FIVE PREDICTIONS for this Season would be : ADAM, MEGAN, LIL, KRIS and MATT
2. Danny gokey will be out and will be given the judges vote to be part of the show again but will not make it to top 5.

No comments: