Saturday, April 4, 2009

On Philippines: A Nation of Servants

I am so saddened about this article from Chip Tsao. He is such an arrogant columnist...
Here is a blog from BROWN SOUL.

http://esoularium.blogspot.com/2009/03/philippines-nation-of-servants.html


I am working here in China and I am so disheartened by this article which will really cause a problem in my relationship with Chinese here. Knowing the fact that they are so nationalistic, it is so difficult to develop a convincing status for them. I am working in an international school and I believe our company looks up to Filipino teachers. There are three of us in the school and we have tried to maintain a certain trust to our skills and abilities as a worker. Thus, having this article published by such a racist writer would mean affecting everyone who is working here in China especially in Hong Kong.

I hope this issue be resolved and a counter article showing the value of Filipinos working in China would be good for all the OFW's here.

;)

2 comments:

Dee @ A Deecoded Life said...

i read that today! i was so outraged! OMG!
btw i'll add up your blog to my list of blogs, k. ;p

e-souled said...

Hi Roel! Thanks for visiting BROWN SOUL!

The only way to answer people, who insist that we are a nation of servants is to BEAT THEM by studying and working TEN TIMES HARDER than the rest—to beat them not just once or twice, but to do so consistently for the next 20,30, 40, 50 years.