Tuesday, April 28, 2009

AI Top 5: RAT PACK WEEK


Whoooops.. THE AI is down to its TOP 5 of this season. Honestly, they are by far the best 5 remaining contestants AI to date. The eliminations would be unpredictable...America would be voting again. (btw, I am not American neither am I in America.. just SHUT UP! I am an AI fan.. OK!) This week would be very enticing knowing that it is a week of great classic song choices from three dead guys (Frank, Sammy and Dean.. Whew I am not a fan of the 2 latter artists.. but I heard alot of Frank Sinatra's song since I was a kid.) The song choices would be a risk for the AI contestants as they will have to choose a great song and perform it with the intention to make it original and current. We have also seen song arrangements from Kris and Adam last week which was not new in AI. (David Cook did "Always be My Baby" arrangement last season) BUT Since when was American Idol has become A SONG ARRANGING COMPETITION than a SINGING COMPETITION? Well, It is still a singing competition but I think arranging the song would only mean to fit the songs to their voice styles, range and techniques.

Whew... We have 5 contestants left and I am sure it would be very unpredictable to see who goes home now... Honestly amongst the contenders DANNY GOKERSTEIN has never showed originality in the competition... I guess, he is one singer who would definitely fit the term KARAOKE-ish. He never showed his skills so far. I don't see him as a future recording artist. Still, the judges would give him strangely, out-of-pity, weird praises after performances. HE should have left early in the show. But he has a good voice. (Hmmmmp.. I liked him earlier during Hollywood week..but not now.) He may sing the song MY WAY to tell everyone he does his own thing in his way!

Other contestants may have a good singing career after AI. Allison, may be a girl rock star in the future which is a fad this time. If she continues to show some glamour and personality, she can make it to the top 2. She can definitely sing the song I've Got you Under my Skin!

Matt, may seem to be one very creative performer. Thank goodness he was saved! I like Matt and his falsetto! He made good song choices the past weeks and made varying results after all! ( I love his HUMAN NATURE!) He could be the next Michael Bubble + Justin Timberlake star. Whew! He can sing the song SUMMER WIND for another great performance!

Adam, the most consistent and very great performer amongst the contestants. We are not sure if he goes home the next day and that would mean a TOTAL CHAOS if that happens. He has very good voice, can express his songs very well and is really a stand out. I am sure he would be giving another great performance and that will bring him to final two! (I AM AN ADAM FAN!) I won't be happy to see him leave. Whooops... FLY ME TO THE MOON would be a good song choice!

KRIS, the contestant which has shown tremendous improvements week after week, has won over many hearts already. I did not notice him during the auditions and the Hollywood week. That is why I was not a Kris Allen fan(but I am now!)... hmmm.. but he did very well in his performance of MAN IN THE MIRROR! He is a little shy but I think has a very charming personality that would attract alot of fans. In fact, I can see him in the top 2 as well. He can also have good career after Idol knowing his talent and skills. (somewhat, Mraz-ish, Blunt-ish, Santana-ish... and all the ishms...) He has a place in the folk/indie rock. HE has good looks as well! He nailed a very great song arrangement and performance of "She works hard for the money!" I am sure he is getting alot of supporters now that Anoop is gone(who was the other one who was gone? hate her... Lil.. ryt?) Definitely Anoop lovers would fall for Kris. hmmmm...
Let me see, how would he pull off his performance tonight? I think he should come up with another good strategy. Wait.. He should bring his guitar with him again and sing QUIET NIGHT OF QUIET STARS...That will definitely be LOVELY!

Quiet nights of quiet stars
quiet chords from my guitar
Floating on the silence that surrounds us.
Quiet thoughts and quiet dreams
quiet walks by quiet streams

And a window that looks out
on the mountains and the sea,
oh how lovely
This is where i want to be
here with you so close to me

Until the final flicker of life's ember.
I who was lost and lonely believing life was only
A bitter tragic joke, have found with you,
The meaning of existence, oh my love

No comments: