Sunday, February 7, 2010

Urbaning Names

I logged in my Facebook account and found out that Anne Lorenzo has been finding out definitions of her friend’s names on www.urbandictionary.com .


The website also defines what Anne was actually doing and they call it “urbaning.”
"Urbaning"

February 4, 2010 Urban Word of the Day
-> To look up your own name on Urban Dictionary, either for definition or myspace usage.
Me and Rianna went on Urbaning last night, her name means a suckjob. Lets put it on myspace.


I did the same way and find out what my name means. Here it goes:

"Roel"

Pronouced "row-el" not "roll". Typically a young Filipino male who embodies all that is "cool" and "hip". The best Roels know how to dance, sing, and play drums as well...all while being super cool.



Waiter: umm ...Roll? party of three?
Roel: dude its ROEL...stop butchering sucha cool name. idiot.

Wahahaha… I was just wondering why it was really defined as a “Filipino male.” Does the name ROEL come from the Philippines? What’s the etymology of the word ROEL? I might as well find out about it. There are many ROEL variations. There is RUEL, ROWEL, RHOEL, ROWELL, ROWELLE, RHOUWELLE and RHOUEWELLE! Hehehehe!

I think it is also nice that ROELS can DANCE. I agree!

ROELS can SING. I agree!

ROELS can PLAY DRUMS? Not true. I don’t play the drums!

ROELS are SUPER COOL. YAHOOOO!



Go urbaning and find out what your name means.

4 comments:

Dee @ A Deecoded Life said...

i tried this earlier. there was no definition of my name, so i submitted my own. i wonder if it will be approved. here's the definition I submitted: "Heidee is another spelling of the name Heidi. Heidees are therefore not content to be commonplace and want to be different, special, stand out in a good way. They detest ordinariness." LOL!

your name's definition fits you well. and maybe Roel is indeed a filipino name.

roel_weng83 said...

Hehehe.. I think pinoy din ata nagsubmit ng definition nun.
Wow nice definition for your name.
From a story book I read before entitled "Heidi," (I bet you knew about it)
She is well described as a good girl, with strong convictions, loving friend, and persevering. It might add up to your definition.. yahooo!

Dee @ A Deecoded Life said...

yes i do. i read the book and saw the movie, iniyakan ko pa. haha.
naks talagang ganon ang description ha. pwede pwede. XD

roel_weng83 said...

korek! apir! ;)