Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Crippled Puppy

This story touched my HEART.


I always love to read short stories... long stories make me sleep! I remember this very short story which touched my heart... I hope it touches yours too!



There was a young boy about 8 years old who went to a pet shop and planned to buy a pet. The petshop door says " PUPPIES FOR SALE" So he went in with only 50 pesos in his pocket. He immediately asked the petshop owner if he could see the puppies.



The pet shop owner asked him, "What kind of puppy breed do you want?"



"I just want to see all the puppies you have on sale," he answered.



As he was looking at all the puppies not one catched his attention. He seemed not to like any of the puppies. At the far left corner of the shop, he noticed a puppy which was separated from the group. He then asked, "What's wrong with that puppy?"



"It is crippled and it can't run and play like all the others," the owner answered. "if you want, I can give you that one for free. He does not deserve any price. In fact, no one would buy it then."



The boy went upset and asnwered the man, "I don't want the puppy for free. He deserved a full price just like the others."



So he got the money from his pocket and paid for the puppy. Immediately the owner asked him why he wanted to have the crippled and lame puppy.



The boy simply rolled his left pants. He has a crippled left leg with metallic foot.



The story touched my heart. The little puppy needs someone who understands it. We all are like the crippled puppy. I am one. I need someone who can understand me despite being crippled in many ways.



I am thankful I have a bestfriend. Jesus is my bestfriend!

No comments: